Thursday, January 19, 2012

Open Multiple Websites at Once With A Desktop Shortcut

          We visit multiple websites, multiple times daily. Typing the names of these websites over and over again becomes too time consuming and obviously, boring. So, the easiest solution is to create a desktop shortcut for it through which we can open unlimited number of websites in multiple browser tabs.

          Basically we have to create a batch file to open multiple websites. To begin, create a new text document in the desktop and type,
@echo off
Now below it write,
start “website name” “website url”
and add as many websites as you like. After you have typed all the websites that you want to open, save the file as test.bat or you can name it anything, but note to save it as batch file(.bat).
Below is an example of my batch file,


Now clicking the batch file will open multiple websites in different tabs of your default browser, in my case it was Firefox. It’s that easy. Enjoy!

1 comments:

Hello,

I just tried this and what I got was three Firefox windows opening up and not one window with three tabs. I even tried tried your example (well, as best as I could given I couldn't copy & paste, so maybe I missed something in typing).

Could it be working for you because of a setting or add-on you're using? Any advice, leads, thoughts, etc would be helpful.

I really like this idea and hope it is possible.

Thanks for posting what you discovered.

Post a Comment